ALE Klimatik Guscio Elements Vest
Klimatik is ALÉ's wind and water protection range. Guscio is shell in English, making the Klimatik Guscio Elements Vest a protective shell that blocks wind and and water very effectively, while holding some heat in. ALE's rates the vest for a wide suggested temperate range because although you can wear it as a wind or water shell on a 60°F day, it can also be effectively used with insulating layers down to 35°F. This is the same rating as the jacket version, but ranges also factors in your other layers. The capabilities of the piece come down to construction details, intelligent design, and the tremendous effectiveness of ALÉ's Rainshell Antiacqua 2.5 textile. This is wind and waterproof shell frabric that is actually a membrane system, so it also is highly breathable, allowing moisture and excess heat to escape, to keep you much more comfortable no matter how you need to use it. Not everyone loves vests, but if you prefer a vest to jacket as an transitional or emergency piece, you really can't beat the capabilities here.
The design details are perfect. The snug, high collar has a soft inner face and enough flexibility to give you great coverage and largely seal out the elements. The zipper is rainproof and an inner flap adds more blacking capability. ALÉ is using their taped and bonded seams, which are waterproof as well. The sleeveless design has shoulder cap arm bands that aren't loose or tight, giving you proper integration and range of motion. These also happen to be reflective all around.
This is a true cycling vest, cut shorter in the front, with an extended rear, so the jacket offers the comfort and coverage you require. The hem has some stretch fit capability, but you will also see inserts on either side that directly control the waist fit and help hold the jacket in place. ALÉ' applies their standard, excellent Klimatik Guscio series reflective details to deliver effective 360° low-light visibility.
- Light weight shell vest that blocks water and wind completely with a breathable membrane that offers protection, moisture transfer and ergonomic fit over jersey or layer
- Paneled construction is generously ergonomic for usable shape and fit over layers
- Windproof, rainproof Rainshell Antiacqua 2.5 fabric that is extremely effective, adds very real protection in a functional cycling vest
- Bonded Technology features taped, thermobonded seams that are fully waterproof
- Not insulated, but the protection level and detailed collar, shoulder cap arm holes and stretch waist will hold some heat in, amplifying the effect of layers and keeping you more comfortable anytime
- Tall, lined stretch collar wicks away moisture, has a soft feel on skin
- Inserts on the hem on each side provide the proper stretch for a controlled fit
- Waterproof zipper with extended length tag pull for easy use with gloves
- Very effective reflective details for 360° visibility
- Materials: 100% Nylon main fabric; Side hem panels with 62% polyamide, 36% elastane; 2% other fibers
- Suggested temperature range: 35°-64°F (with the proper arm layers/protection)
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL
- Color: Black
- Weight: 135 grams (Medium)