Cervelo S-Series Ultegra Di2 Bicycle
Looking for a competitive aero road bike to show your speed, and save watts in the process?With it's most recent S-Series frameset release (a carryover from the 2019 S3), Cervelo has made significant improvements over the previous generation S3 frameset with specifications that deliver a stiffer, faster, smoother, and more aerodynamic experience across the full S-Series range, including this Ultegra Di2 equipped bike, which is perfectly positioned as the best combination of value, accessible pro race level performance and applied groupset technology available today.
As popular and respected as the R-series bikes are both within and outside Cervelo, the S-series truly represents the core engineering and aerodynamic values of the Canadian company. The current TrueAero tube and overall frame design represent the evolution of NACA-derived aero shapes and the application of flatback, or what is also known as a Kamm tail design. Perhaps the best way to think of this is consider the NACA shapes as variations of elliptical or oval airfoils, as commonly seen on airplanes. The Kamm tail is essentially a foil with a squared-off back side. This is much more effective at speeds that bicycles attain, with the overall oval widening slightly as from the front to back. This increases the time the frontal or angled onrushing air stays cleanly on the tube and releases cleanly off the back, while providing a push, from what is known as laminar boundary layer.
The aerodynamic advantages of this are clear, but the focus of the engineering is on how to bring each tube shape and junction together to create a complete aero package. Yet that is only a portion of the S-Series, or any other frameset story. The assembly needs to be a performance bike that offers torsional headtube and bottom bracket stiffness- which is augmented by the flatback design, along with proper geometry, an appropriate level of vertical compliance. Overall safety is, of course, paramount. So the sleek lines and optimal integration you see from the outside houses a lay-up of various carbon fiber types that deliver safety, strength, power transfer, control and a connection to the road that inspires. Of course some of the engineering can be seen as well, with the Asymmetric BBright system and chainstays the most obvious. The aero fork, frame interface is both visually impressive and aerodynamically sound, while the partial seattube cutout carries the air that clings to the frame and guides it as cleanly as possible beyond the rear wheel.
The disc brake design of the full carbon proprietary fork and frame has allowed the the designers to improve tire clearance (up to 30mm) and overall dropout stiffness, while improving the aero principles of the fork and rear stays that no longer have a brake to carry. The disc caliper mount is the Flat Mount standard, and the maximum rotor size is 160mm. Cable/housing routing for the fork and frame is internal, with the S-Series employing the Aero Cable Management system. For the S-Series a unique aspect of this is the included AB09 aero handlebar and the A029 Stem combination. These are not off-the-shelf models, but S-Series specific options designed to work together to bring the housing and wires underneath the bar to pass into the stem and down the headtube to the frame. Yes, this requires a new headset bearing tension system and some deft and knowledgeable handling when building or adjusting, but when wired or cabled, with hydraulic hose set-up, this is actually a practical design, and once assembled once becomes much easier to manage. The end result is a super clean bar and stem set-up that features your levers and tape. It is impressive, and improves aero efficiency.
From a geometry perspective, the S-Series Ultegra Di2 Bicycle is race ready, though with a slightly taller headtube than a World Tour design. You can still get plenty low. Cervelo supplies the bar and stem in sizes that are general matches to the size. Please contact us if you require other sizes to meet your bike fit.
Proven, precise, consistent and reliable, Ultegra R8070 Di2 delivers excellent performance, and with the e-Tube wiring system you have a many options for set-up and use, with complete ability to customize the shifting protocol, update firmware and trouble shoot. The internal battery delivers long use before recharge, which can be easily accomplished via USB cable. You get the R8070 shift/brake levers, Di2 R8050 front and rear derailleurs, R8070 flat mount hydraulic disc calipers, RT800 160mm Ultegra road disc rotors- all as part of the build
Cervelo opted for a wide-ranging 11-speed drivetrain with the Ultegra 52-36 R8000 crankset and the 11-30 cassette. The wheels feature a Reserve 50 carbon TLR rim (21mm IRW) laced to DT370 CL disc hubs, and are equipped with Vittoria Corsa TLR G 700x25mm clincher tires but come taped for Tubeless use, with valves. Cervelo supplies the square back SP18 carbon seatpost and updated A029 Alloy Stem. The carbon theme continues with the is the Cervelo Carbon AB09 Aero bar- which is finished with their bar tape. A Prologo Dimension STN saddle fits many and is a nice pedaling platform. The build carries a 1¼" x 1⅜" FSA IS-2 headset for the full carbon S-Series Fork. Cervelo is also using the user friendly DT-style levered, threaded thru-axle system for the fork and frame.
- Ultegra Di2 equipped aero disc brake road bike, in a performance combination that delivers great value
- Re-engineered S-Series Disc carbon frameset improved aero efficiency
- Very clean design with aero integrated internal routing system from bar/stem back
- TrueAero tubeset features advanced flatback design, new fork system
- Aero Cable Management system with bar-stem hidden routing into headtube
- Tech: Partial Seattube Cutout, integrated fork-downtube system, BBright 79mm Asymmetric bottom bracket shell, rear stay, aero seatpost
- Carbon S-Series Disc fork with integrated routing, 12/100mm thru-axle, Flat Mount
- Frame features rear 12/142mm thru-axle, improved lay-up for better vertical compliance
- Full 11s Ultegra Di2 electronic drivetrain with hydraulic disc brakes, 160mm rotors, Cervelo JY-BB 24 Connect bottom bracket, 52-36 crankset, 11-30 cassette, CN701 chain, R8050 Di2 front/rear derailleurs, internal seatpost battery, e-Tube wiring with bar-end junction
- Wheelset: Reserve 50mm Carbon rim w/ DT370 hubs, 24h F/R, 21mm IRW, Center Lock, Tubeless Ready
- Tires: Vittoria Corsa TLR G 25c, with tubes
- Kit: Cervelo AB09 Aero Carbon bar, Cervelo A029 Alloy 31.8mm stem, Cervélo SP20 Carbon Aero Post, Cervelo bar wrap; Prologo Dimension STN saddle; Tapered FSA IS2 1¼" x 1⅜" headset
- Cervelo accessories: Faceplate Front Computer/Acc Mount, Rear Acc Mount
- Zero offset SP20 post with 48, 51; 25mm setback version on 54-61cm sizes
- Component specifics by frame size
- 48cm Bar width: 38c-c, Stem length: 90mm, Crank length: 170mm
- 51cm Bar width: 40c-c, Stem length: 90mm, Crank length: 170mm
- 54cm/56cm Bar width: 42c-c, Stem length: 100mm, Crank length: 172.5mm
- 58cm/61cm Bar width: 44-c-c, Stem length: 110mm, Crank length: 175mm
- Sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61 cm
- Color: Purple Chameleon, Grey/Silver/Grey
- Weight: tbd
|Top Tube Length||515mm||532mm||548mm||563mm||581mm||597mm|
|Head Tube Length||103mm||124mm||124mm||171mm||199mm||225mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||72.5mm||72.5mm||70mm||70mm||67.5mm||67.5mm|