Continental Ultra Sport III Road Tire
Fast commuters and training cyclists who log miles and covet value in and protection in their tires often turn to Continental. The advanced Ultra Sport III is an ideal tire for these riders lives up to it's series reputation, but also adds new tread design and rubber technology at a reduced weight, and we are only carrying it in the folding version. This is the best value in a durable folding clincher tire that we trust below $35.
The 3 layer, 180 tpi casing provides protection, and delivers a ride quality not seen in tires at this price. The casing carries the a new Continental rubber compound, called PureGrip. This silica activated rubber was originally developed purely for competition level tires, but was modified due to it's excellent adherence properties. Made in the company's Asia factory, PureGrip demonstrates qualities that are very close to the esteemed BlackChili compound. Grip and wear are excellent, as is the low rolling resistance and durability. The new tread design includes a smooth center section that ensures rolling speed and lower rolling resistance. The shoulders and edges feature a directional recessed line pattern that adds overall grip and offers active siping capability to assist with cornering and shedding water, but the tire grips regardless in dry conditions thanks to PureGrip. The rubber makes all the difference. The aramid bead keeps this folding tire supple and reasonably light in a 700x25 at 265 grams..
- Upgrade 3rd gen durable, and flat resistant folding clincher tire
- Ideal for training, distance, commuting and general purpose
- New tread pattern: smooth center zone, then directional recessed lines for grip and siping
- PureGrip rubber compound delivers excellent grip with a great cornering radius
- 3 ply/180 tpi casing offers flat protection, good ride quality
- Suitable for the added weight and load of e-bikes
- Recommended pressures: 25mm 95-123psi
- Colors: Black
- Size: 700x25
- Weight: 265g claimed (278g actual