Crank Brothers Candy 7 Pedals
The Candy pedal series from Crank Brothers has won a massive group of loyal riders who embrace the Eggbeater style 4-way spring system and the added platform structure that offers more shoe support for increased stability and power transfer. The Candy 7 now adds a few features, the most significant being the customizable, integrated traction pad technology. By offering a textured grip surface on either side of the retention system, better rotational control is the result. It won't impede you from releasing, but make incidental slipping or release much less likely.
The machined 6061-T6 aluminum body now features chamfered edges to reduce rock impact damage. It also has the ribbed surface used on the Candy 11. Overall fit and feel has been greatly improved. The Candy 7 features the strong, and corrosion resistant 300 series Stainless Steel spring and 17-4PH Stainless wings on the beater itself. The pedal axle spindle is forged SCM 435 chromoly steel, and it rides on premium bearings with a double seal system. The inner bearing is an Igus LL-glide bearing, while the outer is an Enduro sealed cartridge bearing. The endcap is an alloy fitment, with Hex key interface.
The overall quality speaks of durability and reliable performance, while the normal Candy features are the primary reasons the model line has been so successful. The four-sided entry system makes for quick access and engagement. The release angle can be set up for 15 or 20 degrees depending on how you set-up your cleats. You get excellent mud shedding, great power transfer, and with the integrated traction pad system, better stability overall. Crank Brothers includes their Premium Brass Cleats, and the ability to rebuild the pedals over time. At 320 grams for the pair with cleats, weight is very competitive. The Candy 7 is a perfect pedal system for all day trail riders who love to save weight, but not as much as ease of use and great reliability. These pedals have gotten so popular they are now favored by commuters in addition to mountain bikers, gravel, and cyclocross enthusiasts.
- Upgraded Candy series pedal with integrated traction pads
- Chromoly spindle, machined 6061-T6 aluminum body, stainless spring/wings
- Premium bearings (Igus LL-glide inner, Enduro cartridge outer), double seal system
- Hex alloy endcap provides access to spindle for service
- Traction pad technology with customizable interface increases purchase and stability, along with ribbed body design
- Includes 1mm & 2mm interchangeable polyurethane pads with diamond plate traction pattern to match shoe height, optimize shoe/pedal interaction
- Body features machined chamfered edges to reduce rock-strikes
- Release angle 15° or 20° (depends on cleat installation options)
- Q-factor: 52mm
- Includes: Premium brass cleats, with shims included
- Colors: Black, Red, Electric Blue
- Weight: 320 grams/ set