Crank Brothers Stamp 1 Pedals
Crank Brothers has had great success over the years with clip-in full platform pedals thanks to the Mallet-series, but for those who prefer just a platform, the smart designs and deep offerings of the Stamp have been an ideal way to outfit multiple bikes with varying levels of the design. The Stamp 1 is the entry-level model, featuring a composite platform that saves cost over machined aluminum, and holds up very well. Despite the great price, it offers user mountable traction pins so you can customize where you want shoe grip, as well as how exposed the pins are.
The Stamp 1 is also available in two sizes, Small and Large, which Crank Brothers recommends based on shoe sizing. Construction-wise, the spindle is the super durable and strong forced scm 435 chromoly steel the company has long relied on for many pedal versions. The spindle holds an Enduro outer cartridge bearing as well as an inner Igus LL-glide bearing, which are replaceable if necessary via an available Refresh Kit. The 13mm thin composite platform is shaped for strength and control, and sized properly, is considered to be an optimal surface area design. In case you are wondering, though he rides a higher level version, Danny MacAskill has signature Stamp pedal. Perhaps you won't reach his skill level, but you can feel as secure and confident when you jam on your Stamp 1's.
- Entry-level flat pedal with composite platform with advanced features, offered in two sizes
- Optimal surface area based on shoe size and platform structure shaping
- Minimal profile of 13mm thin
- Mount traction pins as desired, 10mm long hex traction pins supplied, for 9 holes per side; pins mount from opposite side via 2.5mm hex interface
- Additional pins and pin lengths available from Crank Brothers
- Premium bearings & seal system: inner Igus LL-glide bearing, outer Enduro cartridge bearing
- Forged scm 435 chromoly steel spindle
- Axle: 9/16"; with internal 8mm hex key interface (no wrench flats)
- Rebuildable (refresh kit available from Crank Brothers)
- Small (recommended for shoe sizes: 5-10 (US), 37-43 (Eu)
- Large (recommended for shoe sizes: 10-15 (US) 43-49 (Eu)
- Color: Black
- Weight: Approx 329 grams per pair