Crank Brothers Eggbeater 3 Pedals
The simple, functional design of the Crank Brothers Eggbeater pedal provides excellent mud clearing making it a great choice for gnarly mountain bike trails and cyclo-cross. Since it was developed the Eggbeater design has pushed every other pedal manufacturer to increase mud-shedding capability and reduce weight.
The major benefit of the design that creates the Eggbeater 3 is that 4 sided entry makes clipping in thought-free. Literally just step down, if the pedal needs to rotate a bit, it will. All you have to do is clip in and go. The cleat can be positioned at setup for either a 15º or 20º release angle, which is beneficial for rider choice, but more importantly crucial for people with smaller feet. With less leverage, the 15° is perfect. Either way, you also get 6° of angular float as well. The Eggbeater 3 features a stainless steel spindle, body, and wings for strength and durability. It has an inner needle bearing and a cartridge outer bearing. The assembly is serviceable and rebuildable. The Eggbeater 3 is our best selling Crank Brothers pedal, and it is easy see why.
- Durable, simple pedal design ideal for cyclocross and muddy trails
- 4-sided entry for fast, easy entry
- 300 series stainless steel spring
- 15º or 20º release angle, 6° of angular float
- Includes premium 2-bolt brass cleat, hardware
- Cast stainless steel body and 17-4PH stainless wings
- Forged scm435 chromoly steel spindle
- Inboard needle bearing, outboard sealed cartridge bearing
- Serviceable internals via end cap
- Spindle/Q-factor: 52mm
- 5 year warranty
- Weight: 280 grams