Garmin Fenix 5 Plus GPS Watch Sapphire
The fenix 5 Plus GPS Watch with Sapphire lens from Garmin represents an ideal size and feature balance in the fenix 5 wearable line-up, with all the features of the the fenix 5, but adding a premium tool in the SpO2 monitor, which measures blood pulse oxygen acclimation levels via the wrist sensor. The 5 Plus also has greater battery life across all functions, Galileo enhancement capabilities for GPS, plays and controls Music while also storing up to 1000 songs on the unit. Here you find Garmin Pay as well, and a few other upgrades. Yes, the price jump from the base 5 is real, but so are the additions, and in the case of the titanium bezel and sapphire glass, this is a lighter, higher quality unit altogether..
Building off the success of the fenix® 3 and 5, the 5 Plus version steps up the capabilities and adds new metrics and tracking options. Do you know just how effective your current training plan is? fenix 5 series watches will all help you monitor your training and recovery so you can better prepare for a race or training cycle. Training Status is a new performance monitoring tool that automatically evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching. The new anaerobic training effect metric opens a window of insight to a critical dimension of training, telling you how your training is improving your ability to push the limits. You can even view your overall training load, which measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history. On your wrist, Elevate wrist heart rate technology lets you monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap. In addition to counting steps and monitoring sleep, the watch uses heart rate to provide calories burned information and quantify the intensity of your fitness activities.
For runner or triathletes fenix 5 Plus measures crucial running metrics that you can use to analyze your performance. Biomechanical measurements such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio are the key to understanding your form so you can bring your best on race day. These metrics are available with the addition of a compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod, which clips right onto your waistband. Also, take advantage of feature sets to help with cycling and even swim training. In the water, fenix 5 will track your distance, pace, stroke count and more. Add power data to your training by downloading the Running Power app from the Connect IQ store onto your compatible watch. Developed by Garmin Labs, the Running Power app taps into metrics such as: pace, vertical oscillation, grade and even local wind conditions to determine the amount of power you’re applying at the ground as you run.
Of course Garmin has made the fenix 5 Plus series applicable to more lifestyle activities. Beyond their running functions, fenix 5 Plus watches also offer special feature sets to help with swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand-up paddle boarding and rowing. For swimmers, the device tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. Of course there are many more sports supported, so check the details.
Every fenix 5 Plus model provides comprehensive navigation and tracking to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS/GLONASS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities but with the 5x Plus you get Galileo support as well. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing, whether you’re moving or not. In addition, there’s an internal gyroscope to help improve position accuracy (and battery life) in UltraTrac mode.
In the high-tech world we live in connectedness is crucial. Smart notifications through fenix 5 Plus let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, whether you're on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. Other connected features include automatic uploads to the Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through the free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect Mobile applications. Customization is a thing too and you can access free face downloads, purchase various types and colors of watch bands and even customize apps.
- Lifestyle, training, racing and recovery watch with fiber-reinforced polymer casing / metal rear cover, 47mm titanium bezel and domed sapphire crystal lens for cyclists, runners, triathletes or just engaged outdoor active types who thrive on feedback, data, and tech
- Wrist-based optical Elevate Heart Rate monitor
- Phone-free listening on the go, with up to 500 song storage capability
- Sync with music streaming services such as Spotify to easily store and play your favorite songs right from your watch
- Music: up to 1000 songs onboard
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution lets you make convenient payments with your watch, so you can leave your cash and cards at home
- Ultimate multisport GPS watch with preloaded full-color TOPO U.S. mapping, routable cycling maps and other outdoor navigation features
- Round-trip Run and Round-trip Ride routing options give runners and cyclists the ability to enter a distance they want to travel and have the watch suggest appropriate courses
- Uses GPS/GLONASS, Galileo, barometric altimeter, compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, thermometer, and wrist-based Elevate HR monitor to accurately track and contextualize all data points
- 16GB of onboard memory/storage
- Bluetooth Smart, ANT+, WiFi connectivity
- Sunlight-visible, transflective (MIP) 30.4mm color display; 240 x 240 pixels
- Smart features: Notifications, Calendar, Watch, Weather, Controls smartphone music, Supports Find My Phone / Find My Watch, VIRB Camera Remote, iPhone/Android compatible, Garmin Connect Mobile and Connect IQ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- We highly recommend you follow all set-up instructions prior to use, especially any and all firmware updates to ensure you have all current features and capabilities
- Full complement of watch features, heart rate features, etc
- Activity trackers: fitness equipment/gym, run, bike, outdoors, golf, swim
- Some features require additional hardware or apps
- Highly customizable via Connect IQ, and with band options- 22mm Garmin QuickFit watch band compatible
- Includes charging/data cable
- Internal battery life expectation by usage- Smartwatch mode: Up to 12 days; GPS/HR mode: Up to 18 hours; GPS and Music: Up to 8 hours; UltraTrac mode: Up to 42 hours without wrist heart rate
- Water rating: 10 ATM
- Physical Size: 47 x 47 x 15.8 mm
- Color: Carbon Grey DLC Ti w/ 22mm QuickFit Black Silicone Band
- Weight: 76 grams