Giro Manifest Spherical Helmet
The groundbreaking, truly innovative Spherical MIPS protection system was introduced with the Giro Aether road helmet. This incredible combination of helmet and safety design has been brought to the trails with the Manifest Spherical Helmet. MIPS Spherical was designed in the Dome, Giro’s in-house test lab in Scotts Valley, working directly with MIPS engineers in Stockholm, Sweden to ensure zero compromises in MIPS protection. The key to the system is the elimination of the plastic slip plane of the original MIPS design, and integrated the new system into the EPS sandwich. Packed with features, impressive quality, and pure functionality with industry leading ventilation and safety, the Manifest Spherical becomes the most desirable trail helmet on the market.
The Manifest Spherical combines an airy, open design with a revolution in rotational energy management to advance head protection for cyclists. Inside the shell, a dual-density EPS foam liner featuring lightweight, compact Nanobead foam technology helps to manage a wide range of high and low speed impact energies, while also boasting deep internal channeling to provide cooling airflow. Giro's proprietary MIPS Spherical technology is embedded between the dual layers of the EPS foam - instead of against the rider’s head - ensuring riders the full benefits of MIPS without any obstruction to comfort or cooling power while keeping weight low. On the exterior, a sleek 6-piece construction forms a stunning silhouette around the 19 impressive vents, which get added structural reinforcement via the translucent AURA bridge across the helmet. The final piece of the safety puzzle is fit, via the durable RocLoc Trail Air Fit system, which features three dimensional fit tuning, and allows easy micro-adjustment in seconds for the ultimate in comfort.
When you hold the Manifest Spherical, don't be alarmed, you can physically move the lower structure around the temples, a true sign of the Spherical's efficacy. It won't jiggle or wiggle as you ride. In an impact the exterior may be damaged, but the AURA and polycarbonate shell hold the assembly together which not only allows MIPS to do it's job of reducing the shearing forces, but also delivers continual safety to the skull. No one likes to consider this, but let's face it- a trail crash can result in sliding and or multiple impacts, even after the initial incident. The Manifest Spherical will continue to provide excellent protection throughout.
The helmet features Giro's Wind Tunnel Internal Channeling system, which is aided by 19 substantial vents. The channels are designed to circulate the incoming air quickly and quietly over the surface of the skull, reducing heat and moisture build up by carrying it away and exhausting it out the back. Giro claims the Wind Tunnel system of the Manifest runs significantly cooler than other trail helmets and rivals the class-leading Aether road helmet. Comfort and sweat absorption are enhanced by quick-drying antimicrobial XT2® padding. The Fidlock magnetic buckle is used with thin flexible straps for easy use and comfort in proper fit set-up. Features include integrated eyewear gripper, the rear Goggle grip zone, and the moto-style screw-in visor that features indexed up and down steps for easy and secure visor angle positions. Reflective zones on the back of the helmet offer some visibility.
With an incredible amount of design and construction technology and awesome features, it is easy to overlook that the Manifest Spherical has a clean and efficient style and look. One of the great aspects of Spherical MIPS is that, along with the high-tech layering system and materials, it allows the helmet to be as sleek as possible without sacrificing protection. At around 350 grams for a Medium the weight is more than competitive with any great trail helmet. Giro is using their unisex SuperFit sizing system, and the adjustments allow for a great fit on virtually any head shape. If you want the best trail helmet available, we don't see any other model touching the Giro Manifest Spherical now or in the immediate future.
- Incredible, lightweight road helmet combines airy, open design with a revolution in MIPS rotational energy management, improved aerodynamics, and plenty more
- MIPS Spherical Technology places the MIPS layer between layers of EPS foam, which allows the lower shell to physically move
- In-Mold Construction With Progressive Layering Full Lower Hardbody Coverage
- Built as multi-piece structure with InMold, 2 foam layers, MIPS tech, polycarbonate shell
- Dual-density EPS Foam Liner features lighter, more compact Nanobead foam
- Aided structurally by translucent AURA reinforcing arch
- 19 vents with Wind Tunnel Internal Channeling delivers top-level flow/comfort
- RocLoc Trail Air Fit System is durable, UV protected, offers micro-adjustments, rear dial
- Anti-microbial XT2® washable/replaceable padding
- Fidlock® magnetic buckle, slim flexible straps
- Adjustable moto-style screw-in visor- with indexed steps
- Integrated Goggle gripper zone at back of helmet
- Integrated eyewear grippers to help secure sunglasses
- Reflective decals on rear of helmet
- SuperFit unisex sizes: Small (51-55cm), Medium (55-59cm), Large (59-63cm)
- Colors: Matte Black, Matte Grey, Matte White, Blue/Midnight, Matte Olive
- Weight: 346 grams (Medium)
|Head Circumference||51-55 cm / 20"-21.75"||55-59 cm / 21.75"-23.25"||59-63 cm / 23.25"-24.75"|