KMC MissingLink Tire Lever
KMC makes two great shop quality tools for installing and removing their MissingLink system (and just about all others), but these aren't so convenient for actual riding. In creating the MissingLink Tire Lever for 1-12 speed chains the chain giant actually made a versatile compact pair of tire levers that interlock in 4 different ways that all serve a useful purpose- simply. First, you have two tire levers that clip together for easy storage and transport. Second, the levers can be combined into one long unit for extra leverage on tough tires. Third, you configure the jaws facing together to remove a MissingLink. Fourth, you flip the jaws to fasten a MissingLink. As an added benefit, the center section of the jaw can be used to release air from a Schrader valve. The tool has been smartly designed and well executed to be a staple of may saddle bags or tool bottles.
KMC makes the pieces using Swiss polymers specially formulated for the perfect balance of rigidity and flexibility. The precise and comfortable design allows you to quickly insert tool into chain for MissingLink removal. The edges have slight rounding to them and a semi-gloss finish to help prevent scratches on your rims or damage to your tires. At 125mm long and just 61 grams per pair, this highly functional, versatile tool will replace your existing tire levers and give you executable chain "master" link management. If you carry an extra link or two at all times you can easily fix a broken chain and save your (or somebody else's) ride.
- Smartly conceived multi-function tire lever and MissingLink tool from KMC
- Can be configured to open or lock a MissingLink
- Accurate and comfortable design allows you to quickly insert tool into chain for MissingLink removal
- Taken apart you have two 125mm long tire levers or combine into single longer lever for increased leverage
- Center point of junction can be used to release air from a Schrader valve
- The two piece clip together life many tire levers to save space
- Swiss polymers specially formulated for the perfect balance of rigidity and flexibility
- Rounded edges and semi-gloss finish helps prevent scratches on your rims
- Designed to work with 1-12 speed 3/32" KMC MissingLinks, may work with other such links
- Finish: Semi-gloss Black
- Weight: 61 grams (per pair)