Park Tool 100-5C Professional Adjustable Linkage Clamp
Several of Park Tool's workstands accept a modified version of the old school 100-3C Professional Adjustable Linkage Clamp. The modified version is known as a the 100-5C. This is an incredibly durable, mechanically simple, and highly desired adjustable clamp. The 100-5C Park's most popular upright consumer and race workstands: PCS-4, PRS-5, PRS-6, and PRS-7 stands made after June 1996. While the jaw itself opens a full 4", it closes to secure fit on on bike tubes and seatposts from 1" to 1-5/8" (25mm to 41mm), and features a leveraged linkage system that locks in place. That linkage is adjustable with a long hex fitting that can be controlled by hand. Newer designs may be faster and easier to use, but many are also prone to wear, or can too easily be unlocked. Yes, it takes some common sense and practice to get the adjustments right, but once you do, it is pretty fast. You have to exercise caution with carbon seatposts and tubes, as well as aluminum tubes as well, but many shop techs still prefer the 100-3C/100-5C style over all other stand clamps.
The easiest way to make sure if the 100-5C is the proper clamp type for your stand is examine the receiver that goes into the stand mount. The abbreviated, tapered composite cone is distinct from the long pin design of the 100-3C. The composite end of the 100-5C is a friction mount design that is effective and secure, at a much lighter weight than the 100-3C, which makes it more appropriate for portable workstands. The only real wear items on the 100-5C are the double cable-relief clamp covers, which are made from a soft composite. Park offers a replacement set under their part number, 468B. As for the non-wearing items, the body and main components are made from solid cast aluminum. A simple vinyl hand grip on the lever provides grip and comfort.
- Adjustable linkage shop clamp for specific consumer and race Park workstands
- Features solid cast aluminum construction, with composite tapered receiver interface
- Linkage adjustable by hand, linkage locks lever in place
- Clamp has reliefs on both jaws for cable routing
- Fits PCS-4, PRS-5, PRS-6, and PRS-7 stands made after 6/96
- Fits bike frame tubes from 1" to 1-5/8" (25mm to 41mm)
- Clamp jaws open nominally to 4 inches (10cm) wide
- Durable replaceable clamp covers are replaceable (Park 468B)
- Park also offers the PRS-CRK linkage rebuild kit for long-time users