Park Tool DF-1 Dummy Fork
How many hands do you have? Like many tools offered by Park, the DF-1 Dummy Fork is designed to make the mechanic's life easier, by securing the upper assembly (headset, spacers, stem, bars, even brake calipers) on the frame when when the fork needs to removed for service. It keeps the integrity of the cockpit set-up, while keeping these parts off your bench. The DF-1 Dummy Fork is an essential companion for any scenario that requires dropping the fork from a bicycle.
The DF-1 installs into the headset and is held in place using the bike’s stem. The brake holder features threaded and unthreaded holes for attaching disc brake calipers as well as most rim brake calipers, while the included pad spacer protects hydraulic disc brakes from accidental engagement. The DF-1 is nickel plated and powder coated for long life. For mechanics who do a lot of fit work, or suspension fork service it can be an indispensable tool. Every bike shop should have one available, and every bike owner who has limited space and patience, but overhauls their bikes can put it good use.
- Essential companion for any scenario that requires dropping the fork from a bicycle
- Installs into the headset and is held in place using the bike’s stem
- Allows you to keep the headset, stack, stem, bar and brake caliper in place, off the bench
- Brake holder features M5, M6 & passthrough holes for attaching all disc brake mounting styles as well as most rim brake caliper styles
- 1-1/8" steerer tube features star nut for retaining top cap and spacers
- 2" flared cone for simple compatibility with tapered steerer tubes
- Compatible with 1-1/8" threadless stems only; Not compatible with threaded headset / quill setups, or 1 1/4" stems
- Nickel plated and powder coated for long life