Park Tool PCS-4-2 Deluxe Home Mechanic Repair Stand
Sharing the same base as the popular PCS-4-1, the PCS-4-2 consumer stand from Park offers a different clamp option. Carrying pro bike mechanic equipment to consumers for home use, Park Tool has long offered great workstands that wouldn't be out of place in a shop or home garage. The PCS-4-2 Repair Stand has a lighter weight steel, somewhat foldable base stand with Parks' pro-style, but user friendly 100-5D Micro-Adjust Clamp. With 360° rotation and a 2.75" wide opening the 100-5D features Cam actuated adjustment system for quick entry, adjustment and exit. It's infinite micro adjustability allows perfect clamping pressure every time and prevents damage to thin-walled tubes. The clamp system has relief channels on both jaws for cable routing, and features replaceable jaw covers.
The PCS-4-2 has fixed 90° base legs that fold together, but not up, making it perfect for leaning or storage against a wall when folded. The fixed base feet extend back behind and forward of the legs for excellent stability on flat surfaces. While decent as a travel stand, keep in mind that a flat firm surface is required. Many shops use the PCS-4-2 as a supplemental stand for expos, onsite events, test ride checks, and even as a back-up or additional shop stand.
The upright adjustable extension allows you to quickly set a clamping height from 51" to 68" from the floor surface. When open and set-up the base forms a 26½" x 28" square. Construction wise, the rock solid, four-point leg system that folds together for storage, and fixed half of the upright section is made of steel powder coated tubing. A composite horizontal tube adjusts out from that extension and is controlled by a composite friction collar with an oversized quick release mechanism.
Capable of holding up to 100lbs if the weight is perfectly centered, the PCS-4-2 can easily handle most of today's common bikes, even fat bikes. If you have a stout electric bike you will want to verify the weight before mounting it. The stand itself weighs only 25lbs, so it holds four times it's weight, is easy to move and store, and the Park Tool Blue durable powder coat will hold up well to all kinds of abuse. We highly recommend this stand for home use and love the 100-5D Micro-Adjust Clamp for it's sensitivity and quick release feature.
- Heavy duty folding stand with the top choice of shop quality clamp system
- Perfect for heavier duty home use or portable shop use
- Features a rock solid, four-point leg system that folds together for storage
- Made with powder coated steel for base and upright tubing
- Adjustable composite extension moves clamp height from 51" to 68" from floor
- Clamp is Park's 100-5D Adjustable Linkage Clamp; with powder coated, precision machined, die-cast aluminum main body parts, high quality small parts
- Clamp rotates 360° in mount, opens wide to 2.75", has replaceable jaw covers
- Cam actuated adjustment system for quick entry, adjustment and exit
- Base forms a 26½" x 28" square (67 cm x 71 cm)
- Maximum weight holding capacity of the PCS-4 base is 100 lbs (centered over base)
- Weight: 25 lbs