Ritchey Team Bib Shorts
Great fit, comfort and function are the two three elements of every great bib short. With this offering, the Ritchey Team Bib Shorts deliver excellent construction details, a superior seat pad, and a graphic design that is designed to conceptually match the Team Jersey. Made for Ritchey by Pace Sportwear, the cut, finish and details are perfectly executed. As a lightweight, race cut piece, the Team Bib Shorts offer a proper balance of ergonomic fit and overall comfort thanks to the fabrics and an anatomically informed panel series that allow for freedom of movement throughout the pedal stroke and still deliver a moderately compressive and supportive feel.
The bib upper carries a large mesh rear panel with light stretch to keep you cooler and drier, while wider, finished-edge bib straps made with Spandex that have a controlled stretch and resiliency thanks to the bias cut of the material. On the lower rear, the upper is effectively joined to the short section via four panels. The shape of this connecting panel is ideal for the articulation required from the other four, while ensuring proper movement and stable interaction with the upper- which is often one of the most difficult aspects of bib short construction as it helps determine how the seat pad sits and moves while riding.
The pad itself is made by Dolomiti of Italy, the company Pace collaborates with to ensure the pad and the bib construction work well together while providing the comfort and protection desired. Dolomiti's Gold pad is used here, with it's Bi-Elastic 4-way stretch pad insert that has a dual density foam, with seamless construction. It has all the crucial technology, such as a Hollow Tech perineum nerve relief channel, permanent anti-bacterial treated fabric for lifetime effectiveness with regular laundering, and the ability to manage moisture and heat to reduce risk of chafing or discomfort. It is an ideal seat pad for semi aggressive to aggressive riding positions, and provides support and comfort for long, hard hours in the saddle.
The look and feel of the Team Bib Short are complemented by the construction and design. Flat lock stitching looks great, cleanly outlining the panel structure, but it incredibly functional and reduces friction against the skin. A wide silicone leg band holds the short leg in place without being overly compressive, and adding a clean aesthetic. Graphically, the sublimation is excellent, with the white Ritchey side and rear graphics sharp off the black Nylon-Spandex fabric of the short section. A blue leg band on the right side adds a perfect shot of color and coordinates with the red, white, and blue of the Team Jersey. The combination looks great together, with an inspirational Ritchey concept that is sure to be hit with the legions of Ritchey fans.
- Lightweight bib short in race-cut fit, with plenty of stretch for comfort, moderate compression
- Graphic design and logo/color mix of Ritchey for match with their Team Jersey
- Body panels are shaped and aligned with anatomic reference and ergonomic function
- Body fabric: 72% Nylon/28%, Spandex, 230g, UPF 50+
- Wide (2.75") silicone Italian leg bands have just the right amount of pressure, excellent hold
- Wicking Mesh bib upper at rear with wide Lycra bias-cut straps for breathability, proper stretch
- Flatlock stitching used for fiction prevention, more consistent stretch and feel
- Italian made Dolomiti Gold seat pad with dual density elastic insert
- Pad materials: 82% Polyamide Nylon, 18% Elastomer Lycra; Bi-Elastic 4-way stretch
- Seamless pad construction, Hollow Tech perineum nerve relief channel, sanitary permanent anti-bacterial treated fabric for lifetime effectiveness with regular laundering
- Quality made by Pace Sportwear for Ritchey
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, XL
- Color: Black body/Blue cuff, w/white side panel logos
- Weight: tbd