Rocky Mounts MonoRail 2-Bike Rack
The MonoRail 2-Bike Rack won't get you across town in near silence, forty feet above the road, but then again only a few cities embraced the MonoRail culture. What Rocky Mounts offers you with the 2" receiver, 2-bike MonoRail is a truly versatile receiver rack that accommodates most bike, wheel, and tire sizes from 20-29" x 5". While the MonoRail might lack all the top-shelf bells and whistles like those found on the SplitRail, many of the design features and parts are shared between the two racks. The chromoly rack mount beam carries two aluminum bike carriers, with each having comprehensive wheel control and an adjustable length swingarm system that allows for securing the bike completely without making contact with the bike frame.
The MonoRail folds up at 90° when not in use, which is easily managed with an accessible spring loaded lever under the receiver beam. Each individual bike carrier can be adjusted laterally up to 3", allowing you to align and space bikes appropriately, which comes in handy when combining a child's bike with an adult model. A full 13" between carriers makes this process easier. The molded composite wheel holders are designed to restrict wheel movement, even with tires from road width to 5" fat bike versions. The bike carriers can hold bikes up to 60lbs each, or 40lbs if you add a 3rd bike carrier. Out of the box the MonoRail is easily assembled, and weighs just 39lbs, so one person can generally manage installing into the receiver hitch.
Rocky Mounts provides locking mechanisms and lock cores (all keyed alike) that secure the bikes to the rack, and the rack to the receiver. The receiver bolt is threaded, and when the bolt is tightened, it prevents movement in the receiver interface. All materials and components are finished to protect against corrosion. We have been impressed with the Rocky Mounts receiver rack line-up, and for the money, there isn't a more complete receiver rack that works with bikes from road race to plus or fat tire models. The design is easy to use and secure, and priced to seriously compete within the well defined receiver rack universe. If you compare feature to feature, capability to capability, there is no rack with better execution or value for your dollar than the MonoRail 2-Bike Rack.
- Versatile 2-bike, 2" receiver style bike rack with adjustability, security features>
- Aluminum bike mounts with molded composite wheel holders
- No bike frame contact, sliding, locking hook clamps front wheel
- Fits bikes 20" to 29" wheels, road to fat bike tires 5" wide and 197mm rear spacing
- 13" spacing between bikes and 3" side to side adjustment provides plenty of room between bikes, and flexible alignment when necessary
- Max weight 60 lbs per bike, 120 lbs per rack in 2-bike configuration
- Chromoly hitch tube is, strong, stiff, light weight and corrosion resistant
- Includes locks; for bike to rack, rack to car security, keyed alike
- Anti-wobble hitch pin keeps the rack solid and secure
- Individual additional bike mount for 3-bike capability- sold separately
- 39lbs assembled weight
- Color: Black