Shimano 105 ST-R7020 Dual Control Lever with Caliper
The best aspect of Shimano's 11-speed 105 R7000 series components is that the shape, feel, performance, and overall functionality is closer to that of Ultegra than even before. The ergonomics and adjustment of the mechanical shift/hydraulic brake ST-R7020 Dual Control Lever are almost identical, and the unit has received a rebuild of the shifting mechanism, bringing crisper, faster shifts than 105 has ever offered. With the Shimano 105 ST-R7020 Dual Control Lever with Brake, you get a full one side set-up (left-front or right-rear), with Dual Control Lever, cable/housing/pre-bled hydraulic hose, and BR-R7070 hydraulic disc brake caliper.
The proven performance of Shimano's Dual Control shifting system, ergonomics and now comparable mechanics mean that the R7020 levers have only material and weight (about 65 grams) differences from Ultegra, which saves you money without significant change in functionality. With the release of 105 R7000 Shimano also made a significant change, using the OT-SP41 housing and Optislick cable for the main shifting lines, with the OT-RS900 rear shifting loop, which is more flexible and designed for use with R9100, R8000, and R7000 cable actuated rear derailleurs. The same principle carries over the mineral carrying hydraulic housing, as R7020 gets the SM-BH90-JK-SSR system used on Dura-Ace and Ultegra. The Flat Mount disc caliper is again very closely derived from Ultegra, with ceramic pistons, IceTech finned pads, and mono-body aluminum design.
Shimano 105 R7000 series components are available in Spark Silver and Silky Black so you can create the visual effect of your choice. All components across the second generation 11-speed series are cross compatible, so you can upgrade or replace within the same mechanical shifting line-up. Ultegra R8000 remains the best overall value for performance and longevity versus price, but 105 R7000 isn't far behind, so you can save money up front and put it towards wheels, tires, streamers- whatever brings you joy on the bike.
- 2nd generation Shimano 11-speed Mechanical shift/hydraulic brake lever / Flat Mount disc caliper w/ full cable/housing/hydraulic set-up
- Sold as Front (left) or Rear (right) assemblies
- Compatible with R9000, R8000 series components
- Dual Control lever features improved ergonomics, shift function, reach adjustment
- Mono-body aluminum hydraulic caliper w/ ceramic pistons, Ice-Tech finned resin pads
- Optislick cable with pre-lubed OT-SP41 and OT-RS900 (RD loop) housing
- Pre-bled hydraulic hose set for Shimano mineral oil disc brakes; SM-BH90-JK-SSR
- Options: Rear, Front
- Lever weight: about 305 grams
- Caliper weight: Front 147g, Rear 138g
- Colors: Spark Silver, Silky Black