Shimano Dura-Ace ST-R9160 Di2 TT Shift-Brake Levers
Setting up your TT or triathlon bike with the new Dura-Ace R9100 series Di2 drivetrain is about as exciting as it gets. Simplified, easier to use, and fully connected with the E-Tube wiring system, this generation of Di2 raises the bar. The Dura-Ace Di2 ST-R9160 TT STI Levers are your shift/brake lever combo for the aero set-up of your electronic shifting drivetrain. Designed to be mounted into the ends of your base bar, these left and right specific models are optimized for the Synchro Shift function, fully programmable and offer the Multi-Shift option, which allows you to shift multiple cogs (you choose the number) by holding the shift button in place. This feature can also be turned on and off.
This updated version of the dual control Di2 lever set is lighter, more compact and ergonomic, as well as offering a single button per shifter- which means it has been optimized for Synchro Shift. Evolved for road and TT use after development for the XTR mountain version, Synchro Shift is viewed as particularly useful on aero bike set-ups. The brain of the Di2 system chooses the best front to rear gear combination whenever you shift with the rear derailleur. This limits your interaction with the shifters significantly, keeping your body more relaxed and your arms, shoulders and head quieter for better aerodynamics and stability, while your focus is on the road and your pedal stroke, not which gear you are in.
The single button design is easy to use, and with E-Tube, you can set-up your shifter function based on your preference. The E-Tube wire installs right into the lever body via the connected short cable female port. The expanding wedge-type fastening system works with virtually all aerobars and was designed for internal wire routing, as is the brake cable/housing. Shimano uses GFRP (glass fiber reinforced plastic) for the each shift body and bracket, while the button and carbon brake lever blade are made of CFRP (carbon fiber reinforced plastic). The lightweight expanding wedge is machined aluminum and fits bar ends with a 19-22.5mm internal diameter range.
The Dura-Ace Di2 ST-R9160 TT STI Levers offer maximum control and comfort with minimal effort as you ride. Pair with the Dura Ace R9160 Di2 TT Bar End Shifters for the ultimate electronic aero shifting system, and utilize Shimano's exceptional E-Tube project app or website to customize and update your equipment so that on race day all you have to do is settle in deliver maximum effort.
- Base Bar-end style Di2 STI shift/brake levers for TT/triathlon set-ups
- Compatible with E-Tube only, for use, customization, firmware updates
- Optimal, simple single shift button performance for Synchro Shift set-up
- Multi-Shift function allows press/hold for multiple shifts, can be turned on/off
- Made to fit, and be compatible with virtually all base bars for internal routing
- Brake cable/housing also routed internally
- Expansion plug system delivers sure hold and stability
- Effortless ease of of use, simplicity with single button option of Synchro Shift
- One Di2 female port on hard mounted short wire per shifter
- CFRP/GFRP/Aluminum construction
- Includes: brake cables, housing, ferrules, shimano Di2 wire tool
- Sold as a pair, right and left
- Color: Black
- Weight: 127 grams
- Shimano part# ISTR9160PA