Shimano GRX BL-RX600-L Brake Lever
With GRX 600, Shimano is offering a second tier (think Shimano 105) to the GRX 800 series (think Ultegra). Where there was no place to step down, GRX 800 components are blended in, such as with the GRX BL-RX600-L Brake Lever GRX gravel group options include a first for Shimano road-style components, a 1x drivetrain option. As such, it was necessary to develop a left side brake lever without a shift mechanism, another first since STI Dual Control arrived with 8-speed. The GRX BL-RX600-L Brake Lever just that, a left side front brake lever. It is shaped and intended only for GRX 1x drivetrain use- it has the GRX design so it won't physically resemble and Ultegra lever.
Shimano developed GRX for the rough terrain and mixed surfaces that make gravel riding so challenging, fatiguing and fun. The ergonomics make for easier leverage, hand positions, comfort and tactile use despite the constant vibration and small impacts of gravel riding. The lever blade feels correct and proper with a standard road drop bar shape, as well as the flared drop bars popular for gravel. You have lever Reach Adjust to dial in the distance for your fingers. The only real difference from the GRX 800 to GRX 600 in this case is that the BR-RX600-L doesn't have ServoWave technology or Free Stroke Adjust.
The item consists of the left-side BL-RX600-L Brake Lever. A complete system requires the SM-SM-BH90-JK-SSR hydraulic hose system and the RX400 disc brake caliper. Shimano's Mineral Oil hydraulic system makes it fairly simple to set the proper housing length and bleed for best braking contact.
- Left side Brake-only lever for front hydraulic disc brake caliper in a GRX 1x set-ups
- Left lever only; caliper, hydraulic kit sold separately
- GRX specific lever shape and design, will not match R8020 or others
- Hood and lever shapes feature gravel specific ergonomics
- Raised hood head prevents hand misalignment and slippage
- Anti-slip lever texture and brake lever coating
- Recessed finger notch prevents upward slipping
- Higher brake lever axis - curved brake lever improves braking input performance
- Improved grip and confidence on choppy surfaces and descents
- Higher braking efficiency reduces fatigue on long rides
- Brake lever features Reach Adjust (with tool)
- Requires SM-BH90-JK-SSR hydraulic hose system
- Materials: GFRP body, Aluminum lever
- Left side brake only lever for GRX hydraulic front brake on a 1x GRX drivetrain
- Finish: GRX 600 Black scheme
- Weight: 227 grams