Shimano HG-50 9-Speed Cassette
The Shimano HG-50 9 Speed Cassette was originally developed for the 9-speed 105 groupset and is currently used with the Sora 9-speed road system. It is ideal for replacement and repairs on 9-speed road drivetrainsl. Technically it was developed for the needs of a 105 system so the overall quality and cog designs reflect Shimano's mid-range road group of yesteryear. A standard steel HG cassette lockring is used to fasten the cassette to the freehub body. All cogs are nickel plated for increased surface durability.
Shimano offers several combinations of the HG-400, but availability can vary. It was designed for the 8/9 speed HG freehub body length but spacers can be used as needed on longer, compatible HG models. If you are piecing a commuter or older bike together, keep in mind that some of the original complete Shimano 6600 and 7800 wheels had rear hubs that were 10-speed only, and not compatible with 9-speed cassettes. You will find the cogs feature tooth and ramp designs that have long been a Shimano engineering technology for faster, more efficient shifts and better chain engagement.
- Shimano Sora-105 level 9-speed road HyperGlide freehub spline compatible cassette
- Steel cogs, nickel plated for increased surface protection and durability
- Designed for use with 9-speed HG chains
- Compatible with Super Narrow HG type chain
- Steel block with pinned cogs, and loose small cog, with appropriate 11 or 12 tooth HG lockring
- 12-25T: 12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-25
- 11-30T: 11-12-14-16-18-20-23-26-30
- Finish: Nickel
- Weight: 285 grams (12-25)