Shimano SH-RP9 Road Shoes
The RP series shoes from Shimano have a minimalist, distinctive aesthetic. While the RP5 is geared towards the Sport market, the heat moldable Custom-Fit RP9 has a full carbon sole and full Shimano Dynalast construction, making it a true competition level road shoe platform. The three-bolt specific cleat design is also a give away that high performance comes first with the RP9.
With a stiffness level of 11/12, the ultra-rigid, weaved carbon fiber composite sole delivers superior power transfer. It is crucial that the upper fit the cyclist ideally with such a stiff sole, and the benefit of Custom-Fit is that the cyclist has the option of heat molding the upper and insole through a Shimano Custom-Fit shoe seller. Many riders actually find the fit so comfortable out of the box that they don't feel the need to mold them, but even if you decide to wait, you have the option at any point. Shimano's anatomically placed two lower straps allow the rider to find the forefoot support and comfort they desire, while the two position mount for the upper ratcheting strap ensures the best heel lock. Air flow is managed by toe and heel ports that allow for through-sole cooling and moisture management.
If you love the idea of a super stiff shoe with excellent fit options, and crave an understated graphic design, the RP9 is a great option. The perforated, dimpled synthetic upper is sleek and attractive. Shimano engineers excellent shoes that are durable, deliver performance, and are designed for anatomically correct comfort. Step into pair of RP9 Road Shoes and you may never want to take them off.
- High performance road cycling shoe with stiff carbon sole, Custom-Fit supple upper
- Minimalist aesthetic delivers a clear focus on functional performance
- Moldable, synthetic upper provides perfect balance of fit and absolute all-day comfort
- Ultra-rigid, woven carbon fiber composite sole for amazing power transfer
- Heat moldable Custom-fit Technology on upper and insole ensures a comfortable, performance-enhancing fit
- Adaptable closure system adjusts to various instep heights and shapes
- Three-bolt SPD-SL style cleat interface
- Colors: White, Black, Navy
- Sizes: 40-47 (whole sizes, 40-46.5 half sizes, some E-width options)
- Weight: 538 grams per pair (size 40)