Shimano ST-R785 Di2 Dual Control Lever Set with Calipers
The Shimano ST-R785 Di2 Hydraulic STI lever and Disc Brake Caliper set includes Ultegra level ST-R785 right & left hydraulic Di2 STI levers with reach & free-stroke adjustment. Also included are the game changing XT level BR-R785 front & rear hydraulic calipers with Icetech finned pads. This gives you everything required for Di2 shifting and road/cross hydraulic disc brakes except for rotors and adapters. However, many newer post-mount style framesets do not require adapters. Assembly and bleeding are required.
Dual control levers provide a very comfortable hand position that fit a variety of hand sizes. The electronic based shift/brake lever allows for more compact, more ergonomic hood and lever design because there is no need for mechanical shifting mechanisms. The well hidden reservoir tank provides pad clearance auto-adjust to maintain consistent pad clearance.
Hydraulic disc calipers mean more stopping power, with less effort, especially from the hoods. Braking power is much higher with better modulation versus mechanic systems so you get far better control with much less fatigue. This is especially ideal for cyclocross delivering a huge leg up on the competition. Road cyclists as well are increasingly turning to disc brakes as well for the increased braking power and ultimate speed control.
One thing to note is a climbing satellite shifter can be used, but you will want to employ the 5-port cockpit junction.
- Complete set of left and right brake/shift levers plus front and rear disc calipers
- Comfortable and natural hand position
- More stopping power, with less effort, especially from the hood position
- High braking power ideal for cyclocross and road riding
- Fits a wide variety of hand sizes from the hood position
- Electronic shifting
- Both lever reach adjust and free stroke adjust possible
- Lever weight 498 grams, caliper weight 262 grams
- Consistent braking performance in all weather conditions