Shimano Stainless Steel MTB Brake Cable
The Shimano Stainless Steel Brake Cable (Mountain) is our best selling brake cable due to the use of linear brake levers being used for so many kid's bikes, hybrids, townies, older mountain bikes, and new models with mechanical disc brakes.
Sold here as a 1.6mm diameter single cable, at 2050mm in length, this will fit for front or rear brakes on the vast majority of frame sizes for mountain, hybrid, etc., bikes. This cable has the single rounded barrel for linear brake lever use. The end of the cable is finished to prevent fraying during installation and set-up. Shimano provides a small crimp-able end cap to finish the job and prevent fraying after you cut the cable to desired length.
- 1.6mm wound SUS stainless steel brake cable for mountain-style levers
- Works with virtually all mountain-style brake levers used across bike types
- 2050mm length works for nearly all frames for front or rear brake use
- Cable features strands with curved edges to reduce friction, prolong cable and housing life
- Includes crimp-style end cap for 1.6mm OD cable
- Sold as an individual cable
- Made in Japan