Shimano TL-CN35 Professional Chain Tool
The TL-CN35 Chain Tool from Shimano is their pro-level shop tool, designed for super reliable precision and use all-day long, while having a replaceable drive pin system It was designed for driving pins out chains for sizing reasons, as well as driving a new chain pin in place, with accuracy and ease of use. It is compatible with 9-12 speed Shimano, Wipperman, SRAM, and KMC chains. The application of an oversize ergonomic lever for increased leverage, grip and comfort ensures effective tool control even with greasy hands. Shimano applies nickel plating to the steel body to eliminate corrosion and deliver long-term durability. A textured brass collar system allows you keep the drive pin secure, while still being able to change it out easily when necessary. Conveniently, Shimano supplies you with 2 spare pins in the grip storage compartment. A bent or worn pin should always be replaced to preserve the integrity of the chain plates when driving pins or in out. You don't want to round out or damage the link plates.
Shimano has a few special technologies that make the CN35 a great tool. First, they use a ball bearing between the drive pin and the threaded axle for a smoother rotation and less friction on the drive pin. Second, a molybendum treatment on the drive axle thread further decreases overall system friction for smoother action which turning the drive. The last is the shaping of the driving itself, which has a taper. This taper retains the excess ring that is released from the removed rivet pin when "breaking" the chain, again providing safer, smoother action. This excess ring can easily be pulled off the guide ring after use.
- Genuine Shimano Deluxe chain tool for cutting and connecting Shimano 9-12 speed chain
- The chain tool Shimano recommends for shop and pro mechanics use, but great for anyone
- Driving pins are replaceable, and two extra are provided in the handle storage compartment
- Ergonomic design features with handle and grip that are comfortable and secure in hand
- Ball bearing between the driving pin and the axle enables handle rotation with less effort
- Molybdenum treatment on the thread of the axle for smoother rotation
- Special driving pin retains the excess ring of the removed rivet pin for smooth operation
- With connecting pin guide remover
- Nickel/Chromium plating protects steel components from corrosion
- Color: Nickel/Black