Sidi Level Road Shoe 2017
The 2017 Level Road Shoe from Sidi was introduced to bring features from higher-end shoes to a more widely attainable price point. Some of the price issue comes from the fact Sidi manufactures in Europe to maintain their expected level of quality, but it adds cost. The Level is packed with features and will appeal to moderate to high mileage riders who suit the Italian manufacturer's last, which tends to be tapered through the arch and the to the heel, and not overly wide up front. Sole stiffness is very good, but not completely unforgiving, and the dual velcro straps and instep ratchet strap ensure a customizable fit for low to moderate volume feet.
The Millenium 4 outsole is a nylon-carbon composite that is light and stiff enough for most cyclists. It is a mainstay Sidi product, and carries much further up the line. The heel tap is replaceable, and the cleat mounting zone is set for the 3-bolt Delta pattern- which is most commonly used across all road pedal systems. The outsole has a shape that is conducive for virtually all road pedal systems, but if you wear sizes 36-38 please be aware some of the larger cleats may not sit cleanly depending on your required position.
The upper is made from a compressed PVC material called Politex. This is a cost effective upper that resists stretch, wears exceptionally well, and is easy to clean and maintain. Sidi uses perforations to allow excess heat and moisture to release. Long ago Sidi created their secure velcro strap system, which has features plastic "teeth" to maintain better grip and longevity. The Level gets these closures for the lower and mid foot, then moves to the Leva Caliper buckle system up top. Each piece of the Caliper system is replaceable, and the unit is micro adjustable both to tighten and loosen, while a fast release is built in as well for getting out of your shoes with tired hands after a long ride. The Leva Caliper ratchet and buckle serve to hold the foot into the secured heel cup that Sidi has employed on their shoes for years. It cradles the back of the heel and Achilles tendon, preventing heel slippage.
- Great road shoe for intermediate and high mileage cyclists who love the Sidi fit and design features of hallmark shoes, at a better price point
- Millenium 4 carbon injected-nylon matrix outsole is stiff, but not overly so
- Features replaceable heel tap and 3-bolt Delta cleat mounting zone with 10mm fore-aft cleat adjustment at set-up
- Compatible with virtually all road 3-bolt pedal systems
- Politex upper with perforations, resists stretch, wears well, cleans easily
- Secure velcro lower straps and Leva Caliper buckle/ratchet upper strap with micro-adjustability, and can be replaced in parts if damaged
- Secure heel cup cradles heel zone and prevents heel slip
- Standard Sidi last is essentially a tapered C-width in US sizing
- Sizes: 36-48 (availability varies with colors)
- Colors: Black, Yello Fluo/Black, Black/Red/White