Silca HX-Two Travel Kit
Few tools are used as frequently, and can cause as much heartache or wasted time as the seemingly simple Hex and Torx® keys. It’s one of the first things you notice in the toolboxes of Pro-Tour mechanics: extremely high quality tools. The reasoning is simple, better tool fit leads to better feel and confidence for the mechanic as well as a significant reduction in the likelihood of damaging exotic fasteners made from titanium or aluminum.
The 19 tool HX-TWO is the travel version of Silca's top-selling HX-ONE tool set. The HX-TWO set features individual Hex and Torx® wrenches carefully produced with Silca's exclusive 9-step heat treated S2 tool steel. These tools feature a high grip polymer coating over top of high-engagement satin chrome anti-corrosion process. These finishes keep the tools from slipping in either the fastener or your fingers during use. The kit stores in a custom molded tool holder that not only helps keep you organized, but it also makes the set the ideal size for stowing away in a tool box or your gear bag for those weekend riding trips and races.
The attention to detail as seen in the production processes carries over the smallest Torx tool, the T7, which features a 100-degree bend rather than a 90 degree bend for improved control and access to very small fasteners. The decisions about what tools include are here, after considerable feedback from pro team mechanics, shop techs, and everyday home cyclists who do their own work.
- Top quality Hex / Torx 18 tool set with precise tool interface dimensions
- Go-to tool set for pro mechs who travel, work in shops or wrench at home
- Tools feature Silca exclusive 9-step heat treated S2 tool steel
- Laser etched size indication lasts the life of the tool
- High grip polymer coating over top of high-engagement satin chrome
- L-Hex keys feature short end chamfered tool interface, long end has ball driver
- Hex keys with red polymer coat: 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5 mm
- Torx® keys with grey polymer coat: T30, T27, T25, T20, T15, T10, T9, T8, T7
- Note on the T7 tool, it is made with 100° bend instead of 90° for improved control, access to very small fasteners
- Ideal size for stowing away in a tool box, glovebox or gear bag
- Compact tool holder with hook hole for wall storage