Silca Super Secret Chain Lube
SILCA Super Secret Chain Lube brings all of the super speed and silent running of a hot-melt wax-dipped chain to a drip applied wax (all of the benefits, none of the hassle!). Hot-melt wax has been the special sauce many pro teams and top cyclists and triathletes have been working with to deliver the lowest friction drivetrains, but as simple as it may seem, proper temperature and the dipping process can be challenging, and more than a little messy. Silca has developed a drip wax lube with some serious science behind it, and it just may be the equivalent or better than hot melt wax.
The lube started out as a project to develop the fastest Hot-Melt wax lubricant available more than a year ago. The challenge was how to consistently melt, dip and agitate the chain at consistent temperatures. The project took a fascinating turn when Silca met a group that had developed a technology to put micro-scale wax powders into a solution that was quick drying and forms a coating that is indiscernible from hot melt dipping. The combination of air-drying liquid wax and Tungsten Disulfide would quickly prove to beat all currently available hot melt waxes in friction testing while being much faster and easier to apply.
Secret Chain lube utilizes the world's fastest, most lubricious additive, nano-scale Tungsten Di-Sulfide. NanoPlatelet WS2 has less than 1/3 the dynamic coefficient of friction of PTFE and 1/4 that of Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2). This formula and process would prove to be very environmentally friendly, utilizing 4 different types of wax, nano platelets of WS2 (Tungsten Disulfide), and mild alcohol to act as a carrier.
Technology and science aside, the result is a stable, incredibly low friction lubricant that runs nearly silent, features limited volume and build-up and is great in all weather conditions. And yes, it also protects the chain and metal surfaces from corrosion and wear.
- High tech lube brings all of the super speed and silent running of a hot-melt wax-dipped chain to a drip applied wax
- Ideal for maximizing performance through friction reduction, and delivers a super quiet running drivetrain
- All the benefits of hot-melt wax-dipped without the hassle
- Utilizes the world's fastest, most lubricious additive, nano-scale Tungsten Di-Sulfide
- NanoPlatelet WS2 has less than 1/3 the dynamic coefficient of friction of PTFE, 1/4 of Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2)
- Always follow the recommended cleaning/application process- videos on their site
- Features precision applicator tip
- Drip bottle sizes: 4oz, 8oz (fyi- Silca say's early labels read as 4oz, but you will get the right size)