Smith Session MIPS Helmet
The Session MIPS helmet offers great fit, features and performance at the cost, with a more than competitive weight. Cyclists will welcome the clean, modern design combined with the combination of protection and ventilation properties that only Koroyd can provide, as well as the angled impact, slip-plane MIPS protection of the brain itself. Zonal Koroyd is featured in strategic, zonal impact areas offering increased protection where it matters most. As eyewear integration is mandatory for both Smith and most riders, the AirEvac system works to pull air off of your eyewear or goggles to prevent fogging. Goggles can sit under the visor ins high position when not in in use.
Build-wise beyond the Koroyd feature, Smith uses a lightweight EPS in-mold construction process with an integrated skeletal structure that acts like an internal roll cage which will allow the shell to react to impact, but not tear apart, so it adds strength and maintains some integrity in case of secondary impact or sliding. The Session offers impact protection and energy dissipation, but as a MIPS layer helmet, brain injury prevention is advanced. The MIPS layer works in two planes, allowing the helmet structure to move under impact while keeping the head more stable, sharply reducing risk of brain shearing and rebound effects within the skull.
Smith's objective and design philosophy behind the construction is to increase airflow, improve temperature regulation resulting in fog-free vision and improve impact resistance. The objective was achieved through the combination of material in this case EPS and Koroyd, a revolutionary new material that absorbs more energy upon impact when compared to international standards, while increasing airflow. The AirEvac system then relieves and releases the hotter, wetter air from the helmet- all without sacrificing protection and comfort.
The retention set-up for the Session MIPS comes from the VaporFit adjustable fit system, which features a smart overall design and pads with XT2 anti-bacterial performance lining that keeps you cooler, drier and healthier. The straps are easy to manage and feature an ultra-light single layer webbing that is soft and pliable.
- Competitively priced and equipped trail helmet with headwrap coverage, excellent fit and ventilation
- Zonal Koroyd® targeted coverage for lightweight, energy-absorbing and ventilated impact protection
- MIPS® Brain Protection System reduces rotational forces caused by angled impacts to the head
- Designed for ultimate integration with Smith performance eyewear and goggles for maximum comfort, venting and storage convenience
- AirEvac™ ventilation system integrates with Smith goggles and eyewear for fog-free lenses
- VaporFit™ dial adjustment system offers 270-degree fit adjustment with the turn of a dial
- 15 fixed vents for consistent, effective airflow
- Three-position adjustable visor feels secure and holds positions perfectly
- XT2® antimicrobial lining offers sweat-activated odor control
- Lightweight, low-bulk single-layer webbing is soft on the skin, super durable
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Colors: Matte Black, Matte White
- Weight: 386 grams (Medium)