Smith Trace MIPS Helmet
The pinnacle helmet in Smith’s performance road collection is the all new Trace. The Trace features Koroyd, which fully surrounds the helmet providing exceptional protection and works with the internal air channels and open intake and exhaust ports to produce maximum ventilation. Storage and ventilation of eyewear is crucial on those long rides, the Trace’s AirEvac system relieves hot air that builds up on your eyewear to prevent fogging. Eyewear storage is made easy by channels on the side of the helmet that hold your eyewear in place for those grueling climbs.
Build wise beyond the Koroyd feature, Smith uses a lightweight Aerocore EPS in-mold construction process with an integrated skeletal structure. The helmet offers impact protection and energy dissipation, but as a MIPS layer helmet, brain injury prevention is advanced. MIPS works in two planes, allowing the helmet structure to move under impact while keeping the head more stable, sharply reducing risk of brain sheering and rebound effects within the skull.
Smith's objective and design philosophy behind the Aerocore construction is to increase airflow, improve temperature regulation resulting in fog-free vision and improve impact resistance. The objective was achieved through the combination of material in this case EPS and Koroyd, a revolutionary new material that absorbs more energy upon impact when compared to international standards, while increasing airflow. The AirEvac system then relieves and releases the hotter, wetter air from the helmet- all without sacrificing protection and comfort.
The retention for the Trace comes from the VaporFit adjustable fit system, which features a smart overall design and pads with the XT2 anti-bacterial performance lining that keeps you cooler, drier and healthier. The straps are easy to manage and feature an ultra-light single layer webbing that is soft and pliable. Coming from an optics company, you know the Trace has excellent eyewear integration and smart design with your glasses on or off. Finally, the Trace is light mount compatible. All this protection, ventilation and clean design weighs in at 260 grams for a Medium.
- High-end road helmet design w/ innovative structural, safety, cooling systems
- Lightweight Aerocore in-mold construction integrated skeletal structure, EPS, MIPS
- Complete ventilated protection featuring Koroyd
- AirEvac ventilation featuring 18 intake/exhaust vents
- VaporFit adjustable fit system w/XT2 anti-bacterial performance lining
- Ultra-light single layer webbing and slim buckles for easy use
- Ultimate eyewear integration with ported sides
- Light mount compatible
- MIPS-equipped sizes: Small (51-55cm), Medium (55-59cm), Large (59-62cm)
- Colors: Matte Black, Matte White, Matte Gravy, Matte Iron, Matte Neon Yellow Viz, Matte Red, Black/Matte Cement
- Weight: 260 grams (Medium)