Specialized S-Works 7 Road Shoe Wide
Premium, fully functional road cycling shoes cradle, support, and protect feet from the high stresses of continual pedaling while cycling under loads and in all conditions, all season long. The best shoes must also efficiently and properly deliver the power of the cyclist to the pedals. Specialized has perfected their approach to creating this refined balance over long hard years of development and innovation. The S-Works 7 Road Shoe exemplifies the company's science and real world Body Geometry experience, as well as their impressive carbon fiber and technical material knowledge. The result is a road cycling shoe that delivers a wonderfully supportive fit, incredible power transfer, and an optimal road cycling experience designed and tested at the highest levels of the sport, as listed here, available in a Wide size.
The commitment of Specialized to a scientific approach and in-person fit experience combined with incredible input from their pro cycling teams and athletes over decades has allowed the engineering and design teams to continually work from a detailed foundation that was built from innovation and allows for informed iteration and improvement as technologies and materials advance. Hence the upper featuring Dyneema® fibers and perhaps the stiffest and most efficient carbon outsole ever produced, as well CNC machined BOA® dials that offer precise micro-adjustments in 1mm increments. Every feature, material, and component of the S-Works 7 Road Shoe is premium grade and essential to the overall performance. With the release of this shoe, Specialized also added the Form Fit last which improves toe-box room and is known for increased overall comfort and connectivity from foot to shoe.
The design team has eliminated stitched seams in favor of a bonded approach that eliminates friction inducing transitions, ensuring comfort and fit. The best cycling shoes disappear. You don't think about them during a ride. The upper features Dyneema® Mesh that is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort. The upper moves and conforms where required, but strong and stable where it needs to be, and retains a consistent flex and feel. The informed shape of the opening and closure process is anatomic, which drives the placement and function of the BOA® S3-Snap Fit System, which draws the upper perfectly without creating folds or pressure points. Dual alloy dials with durable spring clutch internals create the option of micro-adjustment made on-the-fly in precise 1mm increments. Specialized keeps a toe-box Velcro closure, smartly allowing for the capability of isolating this key and isolated pressure zone during the ride. At the rear, the PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel so it can't slip and reduce energy. This is proven to improve acceleration.
Body Geometry features of the shoe include the Varus Wedge, Longitudinal Arch, and Metarsal Button. As a key construction element of FACT carbon outsole, the 1.5mm built-in Varus Wedge stabilizes the natural movement of your forefoot and improve knee alignment by creating a natural with the inner portion of the foot raised that 1.5mm from the outer portion. This creates a more natural position and angle, which also can improve power and efficiency. The Longitudinal Arch is comprised of two aspects. First is the molded arch support in the outsole itself. The second lies within the arch of the insole. The Body Geometry footbeds are available in three arch height options to best support the natural shape of the individual, preventing arch collapse and again creating an optimal foot support for power delivery without fatigue. The Metatarsal Button is also in the insole. It lifts the foot under the zone to the rear of the toe bone structures, creating a more natural shape. The foot, like the hand, has a natural curve- it is not flat. If the foot is too compressed, the structure flattens, with the potential to impinge nerves and surety of reducing blood flow, which results in numbness and potential damage. You can see the progression of the support and comfort choices made to ensure foot health and performance. This is Body Geometry, and it has improved cycling experiences for countless individuals.
From the foundation of the ideas and execution to the foundation of the shoe the excellence continues. The FACT carbon optimizing process has delivered the FACT Powerline™ carbon outsole. Specialized has increased their sole stiffness chart over time with such improvements and this model delivers a 15/15 rating. While rigid and shaped for impressive and unmatched power transfer, the carbon also can mitigate vibrations transferred through the pedals, but also creates the base for the Body Geometry elements. The outsole features a forward facing vent which allows air into the sole and under the footbed to assist in keeping the foot as cool and dry as possible. The cleat mounting zone is for the 3-bolt pattern all major road pedal systems can attach to via titanium cleat nuts. These rotate to allow for 5mm of adjustment rearward, and have reinforced bases to be safe and secure under the carbon. Composite heel and toe zone prevent the carbon from damage when stopping or walking. The rear is replaceable.
Value in any product is tied to the user's assessment to desired performance and results, which in a shoe also factors in fit and comfort. Fit is truly an individual preference and requirement. Specialized has gone as far as any company is developing cycling shoes with a fit that works for more foot shapes and sizes, and the materials and features of the S-Works 7 Road Shoe certainly make this an option for most people. It is beyond a doubt one of the most informed and well executed cycling shoes over made.
- No compromises, premium road cycling shoe with ultimate stiffness, comfort, and style
- Available in standard, Wide and Narrow versions, this listing is for the Wide model
- Cutting edge materials, technology, science and lab/real world testing ensure quality and results
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment
- BG features: Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge (outsole based), and Metatarsal Button (insole)
- Stiffest and lightest FACT Powerline™ carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 15.0
- Dyneema® Mesh in synthetic upper is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort
- Seams are bonded together, rather than sewn, reducing friction points, contouring naturally to your foot
- Independent BOA® S3-Snap Fit System, w/CNC's alloy dials with durable spring clutch internals for on-the-fly micro-adjustment in precise 1mm increments
- PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position pedal/cleats 5mm rearward
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security
- Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort
- Air intake in the carbon outsole channels inflow under the foot to keep it drier, cooler
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals
- Wide sizes: 36-49 (if you don't see the size you are looking for, please contact us)
- Wide color: Black
- Weight: 248 grams (approx. per shoe, size 42)
Helmets- Evade II, Prevail II, Echelon II, Propero III
|Head Circumference||51-56cm (20-22")||55-59cm (21¾-23¼")||59-63cm (23¼-21¾")|
|US Shoe Size||4-6||7-9||10-12||13+|
|Specialized Euro Shoe Size||36-39||40-42||43-45||46+|
Mens Shorts, Bibs, Knickers & Tights
Mens Jerseys, Jackets & Vests