Specialized S-Works Prevail II Vent ANGi Helmet
Specialized has taken one of the best road helmets ever made- with integrated MIPS SL, ANGI, and so much more and given it superior ventilation. That is the essence of Specialized S-Works Prevail II Vent ANGi Helmet, and if you struggle with heat and airflow during the summer months, this is a helmet design that offers the best combination of safety, performance and ventilation. As with all Specialized S-Works products, the Prevail II Vent was driven by design focus, material innovation, pure engineering and a desire to offer the best possible cycling experience for the intended use.
Starting with the existing S-Works Prevail II, already a top performer, the design team took everything that that model was doing right, and did it even better. One of the greatest benefits resulted from the removal of a total of seven foam “bridges” from the center and sides of the EPS liner to create more effective ventilation channels. These expanded channels move air across your head 18% faster than the original Prevail II. The faster the air moves across your head, the faster heat is whisked away from your head and the cooler you remain, a process called “convective heat transfer”. This all adds up to the coolest helmet the company has ever made.
The innovation is called the 5th Dimension Cooling System, with its redesigned, patented, carbon fiber and aramid-reinforced skeleton. The removed foam bridges are replaced by robotically spun aramid ropes. Aramid, used to in making Kevlar, is exceptionally strong and as these are bonded to the carbon skeleton that resides within the EPS foam, the combination provides the necessary internal EPS support to create 20% larger vents with deep internal channels and aligned exhaust ports. This set-up has been engineered to pass all of the necessary CPSC required impact testing. In the process of the redesign, Specialized also updated the padding to augment the cooling process. This new perforated MIPs SL pad kit keeps moisture moving and allows for even more breathability.
Crucially, the Prevail II Vent carries the integrated MIPS protection system. For the Prevail II, Specialized had teamed up with MIPS researchers to introduce MIPS SL, a newly developed, ultra-light, and supremely comfortable version of the proven MIPS that's available exclusively on Specialized helmets. With MIPS SL, the designers essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL's minimalist "watchband" attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings.For those who want to cover every safety possibility, the helmet also features the ANGi Crash Sensor, a small pod on the rear retention set-up that gives you and your loved ones peace of mind like never before. When connected to the Specialized Ride app (iOS or Android) on your smartphone, the sensor will detect a crash and send a text message to specified contacts in your phone. It also syncs with the app and STRAVA® to provide GPS-based activity tracking. If it detects a crash, it commences a countdown that, if you’re ok, you can stop and keep riding. If, however, ANGi determines that you’re in need of help, it’ll send an alert to your selected contacts with your last known GPS coordinates and a message that you’re in need of help. There is also a back-up process in case you are out of cell range. Nothing is perfect or will 100% save your life; like CPSC standards, the positive proven capabilities of MIPS, nor ANGi, but Specialized has gone to great lengths to innovate and integrate more safety features than any other bike helmet maker we know of. It is clear this a priority for the company, and they lead the way in the industry.
Retention and fit wise, the ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system features shell height adjustability for the perfect individualized fit. It really seems the designers used the whole of their technology kit, adding the thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing, which won’t stretch out with sweat or water; as well as the Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security, which relies on the popular Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
Specialized S-Works Prevail II Vent ANGi Helmet is another step forward for the now legendary design. Ventilation and cooling is more crucial to some cyclists than others, but having nearly one-fifth more airflow can be appreciated by everyone when the effort is high and the sun is beating down. Do you sacrifice a little of the aero efficiency so carefully achieved in the Prevail II? Yes. So the benefits and the features must match your requirements, which is why there are now two exceptional Prevail II models to choose from.
- Redesigned Prevail II with increased ventilation for "convective heat transfer"
- Carries the same MIPS and ANGi safety features, as well as fit and retention system, overall weight
- Strong commitment to innovation, integration, safety, performance in upgrading the previous version
- 5th Dimension Cooling System
- Redesigned, patented, carbon fiber & aramid-reinforced skeleton provides EPS foam support
- Robotically spun aramid ropes replace 7 sections of EPS bridging from original Prevail II design
- Creates 20% more open vent space which allows 18% more airflow
- New perforated MIPs SL pad kit keeps moisture moving and allows for even more breathability
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy
- MIPS SL is the lightest, most ventilated MIPS protection to date, exclusively available on Specialized helmets
- Mega Mouthport optimizes cooling and sweat evaporation
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments
- Five Star Virginia Tech® Helmet Rating ™
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Colors: Matte Black, Matte Gloss White/Chrome, Matte Maroon/Matte Black
- Weight: 268 grams (Medium)
Helmets- Evade II, Prevail II, Echelon II, Propero III
|Head Circumference||51-56cm (20-22")||55-59cm (21¾-23¼")||59-63cm (23¼-21¾")|
|US Shoe Size||4-6||7-9||10-12||13+|
|Specialized Euro Shoe Size||36-39||40-42||43-45||46+|
Mens Shorts, Bibs, Knickers & Tights
Mens Jerseys, Jackets & Vests