Specialized S-Works Recon Wide Mountain Shoe
Light weight. Innovative materials and construction. Proven performance. These are the characteristics of S-Works. Add in Wide sizing, Body Geometry design and exceptional power transfer for XC-focused competitive use, and you have the no-compromises S-Works Recon Mountain Shoe with fit options for every rider.
With top-level use case of World Cup racing, the Specialized design and engineering departments took a no-holds-barred approach to transferring every bit of rider power to the pedals with their stiffest and lightest XC FACT carbon sole plate. The outsole utilizes rubber toe and heel zones for superior off-the-bike traction, while the pontoons are made of a harder TPU to provide excellent stability and power transfer to the pedal body. Moving from the sole upward, the completely refined Padlock™ Heel meanwhile packs in more comfort with the same exceptional heel hold that found in the previous iteration. You waste no energy from slippage and gain efficiency on the upstroke.
Combined with the carbon plate, the upper ensures the overall light weight of the S-Works Recon. It is an innovative and perfectly executed design formed with space-grade Dyneema™ material. It ensures the upper doesn’t stretch when pulled on, while making sure that your foot stays where it’s supposed to in relation to the sole and pedal axle.
The Dyneema® Mesh is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU, and is not only lightweight and conforming, but incredibly strong and durable to abrasion and competitive use. The is optimized for fit, cinching together to cradle the foot. It was developed alongside the functionality and anchor points of the dual custom CNC’d alloy Boa® set-up. The wire closures controlled by the dial action draw in anchor points in a truly anatomic position, while being placed to avoid pressure points. The dials add some panache, but they also feature durable spring clutch internals and precise, one millimeter micro-adjustments that let you perfectly dial-in your shoe fit and adapt on the fly as necessary. The forefoot has it's own closure, a humble but secure Velcro strap that does its job perfectly- allowing you the opportunity to retain a glove-like fit on the upper section, but relieve any stress or pressure in this key area.
A great shoe isn't just a combination of cool and technical equipment, but an integrated system of complementary components and informed design. Specialized applies their full shoe package of Body Geometry science to the S-Works Recon to ensure comfort, health, and performance. The Longitudinal Arch, 1.5mm built-in Varus Wedge angle, and Metatarsal Button have all been well-proven over many years, with adjustments and enhancements along the way. Each one of these features have been ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to not only boost power, but also to increase efficiency and reduce the risk of injury.
The construction also factors in comfort in a minimalist race platform, so the designers took luxury concepts into account by designing the S-Works Recon to have form that complements its function, so you'll find seams that are bonded together, rather than sewn, cleaning up internal and external lines while contouring to your foot with slipper-like comfort. Having a truly integrated series of component pieces creates the whole, which in this case delivers a 270 gram XC race shoe that can be ridden, maximized, and enjoyed all day long. When efficient performance, comfort, and excellence define your desires, the Specialized S-Works Recon Mountain Shoe rises up to embrace the experience.
- World Cup grade XC performance shoe with impressive build, weight, refinement, and comfort that can boost the efficiency riders at any level; Wide sizing
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed, scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment
- Specialized's stiffest and lightest XC FACT carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0
- Dyneema® Mesh is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort
- Independent alloy BOA® S3-Snap dials for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the BOA® Lifetime Guarantee
- Forefoot Velcro strap closure for independent adjustment of this key area
- PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration
- Titanium alloy cleat nut receivers
- SlipNot™ rubber heel and toe tread for confident traction on all terrain with removable toe studs
- Form-Fit last with greater full length width, and a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedal cleat systems
- Wide sizes: 40-49, with half options
- Color: Black
- Weight: 279 grams (approx. per shoe, size 42)
Helmets- Evade II, Prevail II, Echelon II, Propero III
|Head Circumference||51-56cm (20-22")||55-59cm (21¾-23¼")||59-63cm (23¼-21¾")|
|US Shoe Size||4-6||7-9||10-12||13+|
|Specialized Euro Shoe Size||36-39||40-42||43-45||46+|
Mens Shorts, Bibs, Knickers & Tights
Mens Jerseys, Jackets & Vests