Specialized S-Works Vent Road Shoe
With the S-Works shoe models, Specialized has perfected their approach to creating the refined balance of comfort, performance, fit, and retention over long hard years of development and innovation. Building off the S-Works 7 Road Shoe concept with a new build, the S-Works Vent Shoe delivers a terrific hot weather race shoe that exemplifies the company's science and real world Body Geometry experience, as well as their impressive carbon fiber and technical material knowledge. The result is a vented road cycling shoe that delivers a wonderfully supportive fit, incredible power transfer, and an optimal road cycling experience designed and tested at the highest levels of the sport.
The commitment of Specialized to a scientific approach and in-person fit experience combined with incredible input from their pro cycling teams and athletes over decades has allowed the engineering and design teams to continually work from a detailed foundation that was built from innovation and allows for informed iteration and improvement as technologies and materials advance. Hence the S-Works Vent's mesh-paneled upper featuring Dyneema® fibers and the perhaps the best vented and most efficient carbon outsole ever produced, as well CNC machined BOA® dials that offer precise micro-adjustments in 1mm increments. Every feature, material, and component of the S-Works Vent Shoe is premium grade and essential to the overall performance. Specialized also carried over the Form Fit last which improves toe-box room and is known for increased overall comfort and connectivity from foot to shoe.
The design team has eliminated stitched seams in favor of a bonded approach that eliminates friction inducing transitions, ensuring comfort and fit. The best cycling shoes disappear. The entirely-new, engineered mesh upper and tongue system lets air flow freely throughout the shoe, while an added a layer of Dyneema® Mesh keeps maintains a serious control of your foot, ensuring pro-proven power transfer. The upper moves and conforms where required, but is strong and stable where it needs to be, and retains a consistent flex and feel. The informed shape of the opening and closure process is anatomic, which drives the placement and function of the BOA® S3-Snap Fit System, which draws the upper perfectly without creating folds or pressure points. Dual alloy dials with durable spring clutch internals create the option of micro-adjustment made on-the-fly in precise 1mm increments. Specialized keeps a toe-box Velcro closure, smartly allowing for the capability of isolating this key and isolated pressure zone during the ride. At the rear, the PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel so it can't slip and reduce energy. This is proven to improve acceleration.
Body Geometry features of the shoe include the Varus Wedge, Longitudinal Arch, and Metarsal Button. As a key construction element of FACT carbon outsole, the 1.5mm built-in Varus Wedge stabilize the natural movement of your forefoot and improve knee alignment by creating a natural with the inner portion of the foot raised that 1.5mm from the outer portion. This creates a more natural position and angle, which also can improve power and efficiency. The Longitudinal Arch is comprised of two aspects. First is the molded arch support in the outsole itself. The second lies within the arch of the insole. The Body Geometry footbeds are available in three arch height options to best support the natural shape of the individual, preventing arch collapse and again creating an optimal foot support for power delivery without fatigue. The Metatarsal Button is also in the insole. It lifts the foot under the zone to the rear of the toe bone structures, creating a more natural shape. The foot, like the hand, has a natural curve- it is not flat. If the foot is too compressed, the structure flattens, with the potential to impinge nerves and surety of reducing blood flow, which results in numbness and potential damage. You can see the progression of the support and comfort choices made to ensure foot health and performance. This is Body Geometry, and it has improved cycling experiences for countless individuals.
From the foundation of the ideas and execution to the foundation of the shoe the excellence continues. The designers used the 66g FACT Powerline™ EXOS vented carbon outsole. Specialized has increased their sole stiffness chart over time, with this one carrying a 13/15 rating. While wonderfully rigid, the Vent port system strongly impacts the engineering. The carbon also can mitigate vibrations transferred through the pedals, but also creates the base for the Body Geometry elements. A hallmark of the Vent is the mesh-lined outsole design that features a forward facing Mouthport, which allows air into the sole and under the footbed to assist in keeping the foot as cool and dry as possible, then allows it to flow out rear sole ports. The cleat mounting zone is for the 3-bolt pattern all major road pedal systems can attach to via titanium cleat nuts. These allow for 5mm of adjustment rearward, and have reinforced bases to be safe and secure under the carbon. Composite heel and toe zone prevent the carbon from damage when stopping or walking. The rear is replaceable.
Specialized has gone as far as any company is developing cycling shoes with a fit that works for more foot shapes and sizes, making it feasible many people to enjoy this incredible S-Works Vent Road Shoe. It may well have the best over/under ventilation system ever offered in a full-featured road cycling shoe. This isn't a specialty shoe, but an all-season road shoe with an exceptional ventilation system. It is simple to add packable protection for a cool morning, and certainly much easier than "creating" your ventilation during warm and hot weather.
- No compromises, premium vented road cycling shoe with excellent stiffness, comfort, and style
- Cutting edge materials, technology, science and lab/real world testing ensure quality and results
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment
- BG features: Varus Wedge (outsole based), Longitudinal Arch and Metatarsal Button (insole)
- Stiff, light FACT Powerline™ EXOS carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0
- Vented Mouthport toe box pulls air in through the front of the shoe, channels it around your foot, exits out rear ports
- Dyneema® Mesh in synthetic upper is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort
- Entirely-new, engineered mesh upper and tongue let that air flow freely throughout the shoe
- Layer of Dyneema® Mesh to keep strong-hold of your foot, ensuring pro-proven power transfer
- Independent BOA® S3-Snap Fit System, w/CNC's alloy dials with durable spring clutch internals for on-the-fly micro-adjustment in precise 1mm increments
- PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can slide 5mm fore-aft
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security
- Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals
- Sizes: 36-49 (options: 1/2 sizes from 38-47
- Colors: Black, White
- Weight: 233 grams (approx. per shoe, size 42)
Helmets- Evade II, Prevail II, Echelon II, Propero III
|Head Circumference||51-56cm (20-22")||55-59cm (21¾-23¼")||59-63cm (23¼-21¾")|
|US Shoe Size||4-6||7-9||10-12||13+|
|Specialized Euro Shoe Size||36-39||40-42||43-45||46+|
Mens Shorts, Bibs, Knickers & Tights
Mens Jerseys, Jackets & Vests