SRAM DUB T47 Wide Bottom Bracket
SRAM has made a tremendous effort to simply bottom bracket systems and standards for their new crankset system. No one wants yet another standard, but by making a system that features one 28.99mm crank spindle diameter and BB cup options for most of today's framesets, SRAM has at the least looked forward and backward in developing the Durable Unified Bottom Bracket system, or thankfully, DUB. The key to the system is a single spindle diameter that fits a traditional threaded bottom bracket shell, and is still oversized enough to add stiffness while keeping weight low despite adapting to larger shells. In this case the oversized set-up is the T47 threaded bottom bracket interface for SRAM DUB Wide crank set-ups. The T47 shell which has become popular with smaller frame builders seeking the advantages of the oversized shell design and crank spindle systems, but prefer the security, silence and reliability of direct thread-in cup design. No larger companies are also offering T47 designs.
SRAM has upgraded their standard steel bearing offering as well as a whole new seal set-up that effectively protects the bearings from any infiltration. The threaded DUB has machined aluminum cups,with plenty of stiffness and strength for these larger T47 threaded shells. All in all DUB not only makes sense in simplicity, but offers tangible benefits in weight reduction when combined with DUB spindle cranksets. There will always be new standards, but SRAM is well positioned to utilize DUB in nearly every conceivable option.
- Unified bottom bracket system for SRAM DUB 28.99mm crank spindles
- Improved sealed cartridge bearings and Gutter Seal technology ensure long life
- Cup options for many frame designs, even for fat and e-bikes
- Developed to allow SRAM to reduce need for both BB30 and GXP cranksets
- Has become true new standard for SRAM crank systems
- Threaded cups are machined aluminum
- For T47 threaded shell ID: 47mm, Minimum width: 85.5mm
- Option: T47 Internal Bearing for SRAM Wide Road cranksets
- Color: Dark Grey