SRAM NX Eagle XG-1230 12-Speed Cassette
The NX Eagle 12-speed mountain drivetrain from SRAM is an incredibly cost-effective way to get into a 1x12 set-up, and while it is very close in features and capabilities with the rest of the Eagle family, the cassette is one place where the deviation is marked. The cassette is an 11-50. There we said it. No 10T cog. There is an advantage though, as the cassette mounts on a standard 8, 9, 10 spline mountain freehub body. No XD Driver required. That makes sense, because NX Eagle is the group that not only lowers the barrier of entry into the Eagle 1x12 system, but demolishes it. The SRAM XG-1230 NX Eagle 12 Speed Cassette is also fully compatible with all levels of Eagle, and has also be spec'ed to handle the stress and torque of e-bike drivetrains.
This 11-50 cassette is no lightweight at 615 grams, and is made to be strong and durable. The 4 largest cogs are made high-strength steel, but are pinned onto an aluminum spider to offer the best combination off stiffness and wear. The smaller 8 cogs are made from a lightweight stamped steel and also pinned to the aluminum spider. SRAM applies their Power Glide II optimal tooth profile and shift ramp design for quick and positive index shifting, with sure engagement required by the 1x12 drivetrain, and a perfect set of gearing steps for efficiency and effectiveness.
- 12-speed cassette integral part of SRAM Eagle™ drivetrain Ecosystem
- Fully compatible with all levels of Eagle, and is rated e-bike compatible
- Optimized gear steps across entire 11-50 range
- Power Glide cassette tooth technology optimized for offroad use
- 8 lightweight, stamped steel cogs, 4 high-strength steel cogs
- All cogs pinned onto an aluminum spider for spline mountain 8, 9,10 freehub
- Includes lockring
- Cogs: 11-13-15-17-19-22-25-28-32-36-42-50
- Color: Black
- Weight: 615 grams