SRAM Rival 1 Wide 12-Speed Crankset
SRAM's release of the Rival AXS 12-Speed groupset has introduced several crank options, and this Rival 1 Wide version is designed for 1x12 drivetrains when running the widest gravel tires on either 27.5" or 700c wheels. The longer DUB crank spindle length allows for the use of SRAM's Direct Mount X-Sync 1x chainrings on either road or MTB width frame bottom bracket shells. SRAM was the first to deliver 1x12 full drivetrains and options and the wide/narrow X-Sync rings, with refined tooth profiling and shaping deliver impressive chain stability and control, even with a wide ranging rear cassette.
The Rival group level has always been respected for the balance of quality, performance and value it provides and it is exciting to have the wireless shifting of AXS at this pricepoint. The aluminum crankarms are sculpted and shaped for stiffness and power transfer, while the Wide-length steel crank axle offers the strength and durability you require. The machined Direct Mount system makes for simple chainring swaps, but is entirely secure and adds great stiffness in combination with the tapered strength of the machined 1x chainring.
SRAM has presented the Rival 12-Speed equipment with a simple but sharp black graphics package for a refined look. If you are setting up a gravel or adventure bike with Rival AXS and plan to ride tires over 42mm wide, the SRAM Rival 1 Wide 12-Speed Crankset is what you need. If you run an SRAM 12-speed road cassette option, use the Rival Flattop 12-Speed road chain, but if you run a Mullet-drivetrain with an Eagle 12 mountain rear derailleur, use an Eagle 12 mountain chain.
- Wide-length crank spindle Rival 1x12 crankset designed to provide more room for widest gravel tires
- Released for use with Rival AXS 12-Speed groupset and requires Rival AXS Wide Front Derailleur
- Compatible with framesets in 135, 142, 148 mm BOOST spacing (tire width determines Wide choice)
- Aluminum arm with SRAM Direct Mount set-up for 1x specific 12s chainrings, steel DUB wide axle
- Direct-mount X-Sync chainring design, with 38-46T ring options available
- Wide/Narrow arced alternating tooth profile offers excellent chain retention and stability
- Longer DUB crank spindle accommodates both Road and MTB width frame bottom bracket standards for unmatched cross-compatibility across brands
- DUB 28.99mm axle standard adds durability, simplicity via the range of DUB bottom bracket options
- As bottom brackets are frame specific, the crankset does not include a DUB bottom bracket
- Lengths: 170, 172.5, 175 mm
- Chainring: 46T, 40T
- Finish: Rival AXS Black