Sidi Eagle 5 Mountain Shoe 2017
The 2017 Eagle 5 Mountain Shoe from Sidi has been a popular model for MTB, Gravel, Adventure and commuting. The nylon sole delivers just enough stiffness and performance, while being walkable and comfortable for hours on the bike. The standard Sidi fit, as popularized by the Dominator series, tends to work well for riders with low to mid-volume feet and moderate width across the toe box. You get excellent fit and functional features a fair price, with Sidi's quality construction and materials.
Performance starts in the outsole. The Sidi Competition is a molded nylon design that is well proven, delivers your pedaling power, and allows the foot to flex and move which reduces foot fatigue and is much more walkable than any carbon sole. The weight is pretty reasonable and the overall shoe cost is spared the upcharge of carbon. Built for the 2-bolt cleat standard, and featuring an integrated full aggressive yet walkable lug set, the Competition outsole offers a perfect overall balance of price, comfort, and performance.
The upper is a microfiber synthetic leather, and features perforations and nylon mesh zones for excellent breathability and heat control. This supple upper offers more flex and stretch, but due to it's synthetic nature, won't expand and contract like leather does. It is also easy to clean and wears well over time. Two of Sidi's Secure velcro closures offer quick, reliable adjustability on the fore and midfoot sections, while the streamlined and micro-adjustable Caliper SL ratchet and buckle system controls the fit up top. The Eagle 5 also carries the flexible, wide pressure distribution of the Soft Instep System, which can adjusted and centered as needed. All the parts of the SIS and Caliper SL system can be replaced individually. The tall, tapered, reinforced heel cup cradles the heel and Achilles zone, and is a perfect complement to the SIS to keep the foot secure and the heel from slipping during pedaling or walking.
The Eagle 5 has been replaced in the 2018 line-up, and is only available in limited sizes and colors, but if you have found your size, snap them up, as you won't find a better shoe for the money.
- Versatile off road cycling with great features and design
- Synthetic upper with mesh vents and perforations to manage heat, moisture
- Caliper SL Buckle with Soft Instep System; two Secure velcro closure straps
- Competition nylon sole with engineered flex, power transfer
- Full lug system is integrated; firm, yet offers grip and control off the bike
- 2-bolt standard cleat mount interface with dual position options and added 10mm fore-aft cleat adjustment at set-up
- Compatible with virtually all MTB-type 2-bolt pedal systems
- Toe spike receiving threads available
- Reinforced heel cup
- Padded/vented tongue
- Limited sizes/availability: 36, 48
- Color: Steel/Titanium